1. Introduction to Equity
A brief introduction on what we aim to do in the module.
2. Introduction to Stock Market and its Participants
A basic understanding of equities and how stocks began trading on the exchanges.
3. Introduction to Primary & Secondary Markets
Learn about how & why private companies go public by issuing shares to the public.
4. Primary Market Terminology16 Lessons
This chapter helps to understand IPOs in greater depth. Learn about the concepts and processes involved in the public issue of shares.
5. Introduction to Secondary Markets
Learn what happens after companies issue IPOs.
6. Secondary Market Terminology26 Lessons
This chapter throws light on the stakeholders in the secondary market, their roles and also basic explanations of concepts which are essential for trading/investing.
7. Trading Process and its Terminology13 Lessons
Find explanations of basic price related terminologies which are used in trading/investing.
8. Order Types13 Lessons
Get an understanding of the various order types. Traders/Investors can use order types as per their requirements.
9. Understanding Your Company
Learn how to monitor/study the performance of companies using financial statements and understand relevant time frames.
10. Profit and Loss Statement15 Lessons
A step-by-step break up of how to study P&L/Income statements starting from revenues all the way down to schedules & notes to the accounts.
11. Balance Sheet9 Lessons
Learn about the Statement of Assets & Liabilities in detail and implications of each item within.
12. Cash Flow Statement3 Lessons
It provides an explanation of how the company is able to generate cash and utilize it. Learn how to read the cash flow statement in detail.
13. Shareholding Pattern4 Lessons
The ownership structure of a company matters! Learn all about it in this chapter.
14. Annual Report of a Company11 Lessons
An Annual Report is the equivalent of a report card. This chapter explains the annual report and it's parts.
15. Stock Parameters and Related Terminology10 Lessons
Important terms which are a must for understanding fundamentals of any company.
16. Financial Ratios & Analysis
Introduction & importance of financial ratios in understanding the health of companies.
17. Profitability Ratios
It discusses the basics of Profitability Ratios before diving into each of them in further detail.
18. Profitability Margin Ratios7 Lessons
This chapter explains the different profitability terms & ratios in fundamental analysis of stocks. Learn the meaning of the most important profit margin ratios.
19. Profitability Return Ratios7 Lessons
These ratios are a blend of P&L and cash flow statements. Understand how the efficiency of generating returns are measured using these ratios.
20. Liquidity Ratios3 Lessons
Learn how to analyze the cash levels of a company and it's ability to pay off liabilities using liquid assets.
21. Operating Performance Ratios11 Lessons
Knowledge of these Activity Ratios will help understand the ability of companies to convert assets into sales in the earliest time.
22. Leverage Ratios9 Lessons
Learn how to measure the relative amount of funds raised through equity and debt in detail. Get an insight into the leverage assumed by companies.
23. Cash Flow Ratios10 Lessons
Understand the cash generation & utilization by companies with these ratios. Get an insight into how companies manage their cash flows.
24. Valuation Ratios7 Lessons
Learn the process of determining a company's worth using different valuation ratios and the implications of using the ratios.
25. Altman Z Score Financial Models4 Lessons
It's a combination of ratios which helps to understand a company's health, creditworthiness and the likelihood of it's bankruptcy.
26. Introduction to Economic Factors15 Lessons
This chapter explains the external micro and macro economic factors which have direct and indirect consequences on companies.