Implementation of Two Factor Authentication Module with effect from 23rd September 2022
22 September 2022
As per the exchange guidelines, the Two Factor Authentication has been implemented in our trading platforms with effect from 23rd September 2022. As a result, there have been slight changes in the login module of all our platforms. Below are the applicable changes:
- Passwords will be replaced with OTPs in this implementation.
- Clients can login to all the FYERS platforms using the Client ID or Mobile number, authenticate using OTP, and enter the 4 digit PIN.
- Using OTP, clients can modify flows like Change PIN, Forgot PIN, Forgot Client ID, Blocked User, etc.
- The OTP will be sent to the registered Email ID, Mobile number, and WhatsApp.
- If the number of OTP attempts exceeds 3, the OTP has to be resent and authenticated.
- As country codes other than +91 (India) are not supported, NRI clients will not receive any OTP to their registered mobile number or through WhatsApp. However, they must authenticate the login using OTP sent to their registered email ID.
- Clients must remember the password to login to our Desktop terminal (FYERS One) along with the PIN.
- If the number of attempts to authenticate OTP exceeds 20 for the day, the client/s will get an error stating ‘Account Blocked.’ In such cases, clients are required to contact our support.
- The Time-based One Time Password (TOTP) will be live from 30th September 2022. To know more about the TOTP feature, refer to this article.
For more details, refer to this circular.